Uganda Seed Trade Assoication (USTA)
Uganda Seed Trade Association (USTA) is a membership association formed in 1999 to coordinate and oversee the development of the seed industry and to enhance the availability of quality assured seed for the entire farming community locally, regionally and internationally. The Association currently has a total of 27 members of whom 23 are seed companies (ordinary members) and 4 are associate members.
A successful seed industry that provides quality assured seed Nationally, Regionally and Internationally
To enhance the availability of quality assured seed to farmers through building, coordinating and spearheading the development of the seed industry in Uganda
Uganda Seed Trade Association
Objectives of the association (USTA) include;
- Promote, encourage, coordinate and safeguard the interests of seed trade in Uganda.
- Improve the standards and profitability of marketing of seeds and other agricultural inputs to encourage more investment in the seeds sub-sector.
- To develop and facilitate mechanisms by which members may access any forms of funding to promote the objectives of the association and to achieve growth in the seed industry.
- To provide a forum that can advise and be consulted by government on matters of seed policy, laws and regulations affecting the seed industry.
- Undertake research, training, certification and other activities related to the development of the seed industry.
- Establish and maintain linkages with Regional and International Seed Associations, Network Research Centers and use the linkages to develop capacity of members through communications, interactions and training.
- Quality service